Celebrating 25 years! October 6th – 30th, 2021
Register by September 29th for access to special earlybird content October 1 – 5th
Who needs your help?
- Women and children fleeing violence
- Incarcerated youth
- Women in prison
- Those accessing mental health services
- Those recovering from addictions
Our wonderful volunteers share yoga practices in Transition Houses for women and children throughout BC. Even since the pandemic, they’ve continued to teach via video link, and have even made trauma-informed yoga videos that can be viewed in the women’s private rooms. Volunteers are also teaching in prisons, addiction recovery centres, and mental health facilities.
Your financial and energetic support covers the cost of administering programs in specialized social service facilities, recruiting and mentoring volunteers, and creating up-to-date training curriculum. Yoga Outreach students really appreciate having one or two hours a week to take a break from their daily challenges.
For 25 years Yoga Outreach has been providing individuals with an opportunity to heal, reconnect with, and feel safe within their bodies, while also re-establishing a sense of community.
Sliding scale registration: $25/$50/$100
Registration for the 25-Day Challenge is just $25/$50/$100. That’s enough to allow one vulnerable person to attend a weekly class in a service facility where Yoga Outreach operates. Of course, we’d love it if you raised more, but every amount helps.
In exchange, you’ll receive:
- access to a series of special live classes with AMAZING yoga teachers!
- October 6th 7:30 – 8:45pm with Sharon Abbondanza
- October 7th 7 – 8:30pm with Gagan Leekha
- October 9th 10 – 11am with Leslie Wilkin
- October 13th 10 – 11am with Nicole Marcia
- October 15th 7 – 8pm with Helen Camisa
- October 20th 12 – 12:45 with Rachel Dyck
- October 23rd 12 – 1pm with Jessica Barudin
- October 27th 7 – 8pm with Ariel Pavic
- October 30th 10 – 11am with Farah Nazarali
- Monday FaceBook lives with Wendy Goldsmith to start your week, regular emails to support your challenge, guided yoga practices on video and more
- 10% off registration at any of our events (space permitting) until the end of 2022
If you’re on social media, post about your reason for supporting Yoga Outreach. You’ll be entered to win another draw to attend more YO events. We’ve also got some pretty sweet tees & socks to give away.
There are also prizes for
- Most funds raised
- Second most funds raised, and
- Social media
More Ways to Participate
- Ask your friends for support. The 25 Day Yoga Challenge is an important fundraiser for our work with marginalized communities. Explain to your circle why yoga can be life-changing, and ask for donations. You could also host a bake sale, garage sale, or head shave! Whatever you dream up – socially distanced off course.
- Create a team – We’ll promote your company’s participation through our social media channels and you’ll be entered to win a $210 Gift Certificate for any YO event between November 2021 and November 2022; or
- Donate $250+ to become a Corporate Sponsor – You’ll receive a tax receipt & we’ll promote your business through social media (Facebook: 2540+, Instagram: 2300+) and our monthly newsletter (1350+); or
- Donate an in-kind item for our social media contests – We’ll promote your business through our social media channels (contact firstname.lastname@example.org); or
- Donate here instead of participating