Volunteer Yoga Teacher Requirements
We are always recruiting yoga teachers to volunteer for both one time and ongoing classes.
- Completion of a 200 hour Yoga Alliance recognized teacher training certification (or qualify for grand-parented RYT status).
- Completion of the Yoga Outreach Core Training™ within the last 2 years
(If you have attended but it has been longer than 2 years we ask that you attend again prior to volunteering but will offer 50% discount).
- Completion of at least one practicum session at a Yoga Outreach mentorship site.
- Completion of a volunteer application form providing two references.
- Proof of valid insurance.
- Willingness to make a one year commitment to teaching in a Yoga Outreach program.
- Willingness to act as an advocate on behalf of Yoga Outreach in the community.
Benefits to Volunteering
- Program continuity for students, opportunity to integrate best practices for service yoga settings
- Peer networking & community building
- Ongoing program support & mentorship opportunities
- Continuing education training (access to affordable workshops)
- Opportunities to co-teach
- Facility screening and liaising with staff handled by us!
In general we prefer teachers to have a minimum of 1 year or 100 hours of teaching experience because the programs we offer are not an average yoga class. Teachers with less experience are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated on a case by case basis based on personal experience and/or professional training in related fields. As part of our evaluation we do have an active mentorship site which you will be asked to attend. We cannot guarantee placement of teachers, should they be accepted into our program, immediately as it may take time to find
suitable program placement. Yoga Outreach reserves the right to decline any volunteer application.
Please contact our Program Coordinator, Niki Lacey firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about current opportunities.
Please note that we require returning volunteers to meet the above requirements as well. If you have volunteered with us in the past but have not attended a Core Training in the last two years we will ask you to attend a training prior to being placed as a volunteer again. For returning volunteers who taught for a year or more in a YO program we will waive the registration fee completely. For returning volunteers who taught for six months to a year we will offer a 50% discount.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We are always looking for the right people with strong leadership abilities to serve on our Board of Directors, especially individuals with key competencies in fundraising, event planning, human resources, strategic planning, governance, marketing and communications. We offer you the opportunity to contribute to a fantastic organization, engage in professional development and gain wonderful connections with other committed like-minded individuals.