Recent Participant feedback
The Yoga Outreach Core Training™
Trauma-Informed Yoga Training (18 hours)
Created to empower qualified yoga teachers with the skills to build trauma-informed and strengths focused classes in order to reach individuals who may be facing multiple barriers in their lives, such as violence, post-traumatic stress disorder, addictions, mental health challenges, and incarceration.
This training is valuable to teachers who work within all settings. You will learn how to make your classes much more accessible to your students by removing barriers you may not even realize were there.
We have used our 20+ years of experience in providing trauma-informed yoga programs across BC to create this training with the goal of increasing the access to supportive yoga programs for all individuals. All proceeds from this 18 hour training go right back into providing weekly yoga programs for our most vulnerable community members. Once completed, you will be eligible to become one of our amazing volunteers!
2017 training dates
- June 23, 24, 25th - Moksana Yoga, Victoria BC. Please use this link to register!
- September 8, 9, 10th - Located at Stretch Yoga Studio, Vancouver BC. Please use this link to register!
- November 17, 18, 19th - Located at Stretch Yoga Studio, Vancouver BC. Please use this link to register!
*Please note* Stretch Yoga Studio is not wheelchair accessible and has two gendered washrooms on site.
Agenda & Learning Outcomes Document (application for all training locations)
Download Agenda and Learning Outcomes.pdf (125.23 KB)
Learning Objectives include
- How to build and teach a trauma-informed yoga class
- How to create a strengths-based practice for your students
- The effects of trauma and post-traumatic stress and why yoga is helpful
- The best practices for working in Service Yoga settings
- The opportunities for practicum, volunteer placement, and on-going mentorship.
Tuition (all proceeds go right back into providing our community yoga programs)
$360 or earlybird pricing of $310 if registered more than 3 weeks in advance.
Register for the next class!
Please complete our online Registration Form. Once we receive your registration we will email you a confirmation and a payment link.
Work-study option for up to 50% off tuition
Work-study involves a trade in labour in exchange for up to 1/2 off the cost of the training. Please complete our online form. Applications must be completed 1 month prior to the training in order to allow adequate time to complete volunteer hours prior to attendance.
Training tuition is refundable, less a 15% administration fee, up to 21 days prior to the training start date. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a refund. No refunds will be issued within the 21 days prior and fee is non-transferable.
All Yoga Outreach trainings are eligible for continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance.