Yoga Outreach offers a sliding scale for our trainings.
There are a limited amount of slots for classes offered at the middle and lower end of the scale. Please be mindful that if you purchase a price at the lowest end of the scale when you can truthfully afford the higher ticket prices, you are limiting access to those who truly need the gift of financial flexibility. Being honest with yourself and your financial situation when engaging with sliding scale practices grows strong and sustainable communities. Please see the scale descriptions at the bottom of this page for more details. *Adapted from wortsandcunning.com/blog/sliding-scale.
The highest dollar amount reflects the true cost of the class. Choose this option if you:
- have access to financial security
- own property
- have personal savings
- are able to pay for “wants”
- spend little time worried about securing necessities in your life
The middle cost acknowledges that paying the full cost would prevent some folks from being able to attend. If you are:
- struggling to conquer debt or build savings
- have access to steady income
- not spending most of your time thinking about meeting basic needs such as food, shelter, medical care, child care
The lowest cost represents a deliberate opportunity to welcome participation from folks who lack financial resources. If you:
- struggle to maintain access to needs such as health care, housing, food, child care,
- are living paycheck to paycheck
- are in significant debt, you probably belong here
Scholarship & Work-study Option
Scholarships are available for those who face financial barriers to attend this training. PLEASE NOTE: Due to demand if you reside outside of British Columbia you will only be considered for a scholarship if you are engaged in working with marginalized communities. Your reference letter should provide confirmation of this.
There are two kinds of scholarships available:
Workstudy scholarships are for those who are able to pay a portion of the tuition (usually $180) and do some volunteer hours (not teaching yoga) ahead of the training. Typically this depends on your skills, availability, and what we need at the time. 100% scholarships are for those who do not have the financial resources to attend. These spaces will be prioritized for folks who have a deep interest in bringing this work to impacted communities. We encourage BIPOC and/or LGBTQ2SIA+, immigrant, and refugee folks, as well as those with a diversity of experience including but not limited to ability, mental illness, and/or neurodiversity to apply.
Application Deadline for scholarships are 45 days prior to date of the course. You will be notified as soon as the scholarship committee has made a decision, approx. 30 days before the training. Approved workstudy applicants must complete volunteer commitment prior to attending the training.
Applicants with the following will be prioritized:
- Keen interest in working with marginalized folks
- Demonstrated financial need
- Applicants with current involvement, whether paid or volunteer, within the communities we serve.
At least one scholarship space/training will be reserved for BIPOC and/or LGBTQ2SIA+ folks. We also encourage those with a diversity of experience including but not limited to ability, mental illness, and/or neurodiversity to apply.