The Yoga Outreach Kids Core Training™
A trauma-informed children’s yoga teacher training for yoga teachers, social workers, counsellors and other professionals who work with kids aged 5 to 12.
Learn how to:
- Teach kids yoga in an age-appropriate way,
- Consider socio-economic background, neurodiversity, accessibility and inclusivity in your kids yoga class plan.
- Recognize how trauma affects children physically and emotionally.
- Understand how yoga practices support emotional awareness and healing.
- Offer children tools to process emotions and build resilience in daily life.
- Empower kids with bodily autonomy.
Many children struggle with emotional awareness and negative self-talk. This is particularly true for kids also coping with poverty and other labels.
Yoga encourages curiosity instead of judgment. So when you teach kids yoga, you’re empowering them with self-compassion.
Nearly 5 decades of combined experience gloWithin + Yoga Outreach
We have 25 years’ experience providing accessible yoga classes to marginalized people across BC. Our trauma-informed yoga teacher training draws on this experience, with plenty of real-life examples. All proceeds from this trauma-informed yoga teacher training allow us to create more healing spaces for our most vulnerable community members. Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be eligible to volunteer with us if you choose.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion, and are eligible for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits: 20 contact + 5 non-contact.
Live via zoom –
You must attend all five sessions to receive a certificate of completion. If there are extenuating circumstances, we’ll consider them on a case by case basis. If you have to miss a session, you can watch the recording. However, you may not qualify for the certificate.
Please note, you’ll need to complete 5 hours of homework PRIOR to the course start date.