Yoga Outreach partners with volunteer yoga instructors, community organizations, social service agencies, and correctional facilities to provide mindfulness-based yoga programming to often overlooked adults and at-risk youth.
Yoga Outreach programs are strengths-based and trauma-informed serving men, women, and youth facing challenges with mental health, addiction, poverty, violence, trauma, and imprisonment.
In addition, we provide training, ongoing mentorship, and community building opportunities to yoga teachers and community support professionals to enhance the delivery of yoga in these settings.
Our goals are:
To provide our students with yoga and meditation classes that are student-centred, trauma-informed, and strengths-based.
To provide our yoga teachers with safe, supported opportunities to be of service as part of their yogic path.
- To provide our facility partners with well-trained and well-supported volunteer instructors and program props.
Some highlights ~ last year your contributions made possible:
- 26 weekly trauma-informed, strengths-based yoga classes
- over 600 men, women, and youth served
- support of 33 volunteer yoga teachers in 22 partner facilities
- ongoing mentorship opportunities for new teachers in Service Yoga settings